Employees can apply for compensatory off (comp-off) if they have worked on holidays or weekly off days as per business requirements.
Note : The eligibility of an employee for comp-off is usually set by the HR or Manager. For more information on setting comp-off policies by the admin, HR, or Manager roles, see Adding Comp-off Policies.
Applying Comp-off Applications—For Employee Role
To submit an comp-off application in SecurTime
- Select Transactions > Compoff from SecurTime side menu. The Compoff Applications main page is displayed.
- Select +New Compoff from Applications page. The Apply Compoff page is displayed.
- Select either of the two options for comp-off application:
- Application to earn CompOff—Select this option if you are applying for a day that you worked as comp-off and it does not need any prior approval.
- Prior application to earn CompOff—Select this option if prior approval from the approver (which can be a Manager/HR , or Admin) is required for your comp-off application.
- Select the start date and end date for which you want to apply comp-off in Start Date and End Date fields.
- Choose the Reason for which you are applying comp-off. This can be Worked on Week-off or Worked on Holiday.
- Select Submit to submit your comp-off application. A message is displayed that the application is submitted successfully.
The comp-off application is displayed in the Compoff Applications main page.
Note : Once the Compoff application is submitted, SecurTime sends email notifications about the application to the employee and all levels of approvers.
Error Message seen if the Applicant is not Eligible for Comp-off
Suppose the employee’s manager/supervisor has not set the eligibility of the employee for comp-off, and the employee submits the overtime application, then an error message is seen as: