Employees can opt to apply a manual punch for any work day, in specific situations where the biometric device punch did not happen. This can be due to many reasons.
When do you need to apply Manual Punch?
Generally, employees can apply manual punch in these scenarios:
- When you forgot or missed to punch in the device in a work day
- When the device was not functioning due to any reason (for example, due to a technical issue)
- When you were unable to punch due to personal reasons such as
- wounds or cuts on registered finger,
- any conditions in the finger such as dryness of fingerprints, or no proper fingerprints due to age.
Applying a Manual Punch
To apply a manual punch application in SecurTime
- Select Transactions > Manual Punch from SecurTime side menu. The Manual Punch Applications main page is displayed.
- Select +Apply Manual Punch. The Apply Manual Punch page is displayed.
- Enter the required information in the following fields:
- Punch In Date—Specify a start date for the manual punch application.
- Punch In Time—Specify the start time of your work day. Enter the time in 24-hour hh:mm format where hh stands for hours and mm for minutes. For example 10:13 for 10:13 AM.
- Punch Out Date—Specify the end date for the manual punch application.
- Punch Out Time—Specify the end time of your work day. Enter the time in 24-hour hh:mm format. For example 17:00 for 5:00 PM.
- Break Out Date—Specify the start date for the break shift.
- Break Out Time—Specify the start time of your break. Enter the time in 24-hour hh:mm format.
- Break In Date— Specify the end date for the break shift.
- Break In Time—Specify the time you have ended the break. Enter the time in 24-hour hh:mm format.
- Reason—Enter the reason for which you are submitting the manual punch application.
Note: Some of the fields are mandatory and should be filled before you can submit the manual punch application. These are Punch In Date, Punch In Time, Punch Out Date, Punch Out Time.
- Click Submit to submit the application. A message is displayed that the manual punch application was submitted successfully.
The manual punch application is displayed in the Manual Punch Applications main page.
Note: Once the manual punch application is submitted, SecurTime sends email notifications about the application to the employee and all levels of approvers.
Applying a Manual Punch on behalf of Another Employee
Depending on the user role permissions, you can apply manual punch on behalf of another employee. For example, an admin user can submit the manual punch application on behalf of another employee.
An additional check box is displayed in the Apply Manual Punch page.
- Select the On Behalf Of checkbox, and select the employee from Select Employee drop down.
- Proceed with the same steps from Step 3 of Applying a Manual Punch section above, to complete the manual punch application.
- Viewing the Manual Punch Application
- Withdrawing the Manual Punch Application
- Searching for Manual Punch Applications