Before scheduling shifts, the required number of shifts should be created as per your organization requirements, by the user assigned to any of these roles— Admin, HR, or Manager.
The following steps explain how to manually configure a new shift in SecurTime.
To configure a new shift
- Select Shift Management> Manage Shifts. The Shifts main page is displayed.
- Select +New Shift to add a new shift. The New Shift page is displayed.
- Select the affiliate from the drop down in Select Affiliate.
- Select the shift type from the drop down as Normal Shift or Break Shift.
Note 1: The shift can be a normal shift or a break shift. The normal shift do not have mandatory pre-defined breaks in between the shift time. But you can optionally configure fixed or actual break types for normal shifts.
For break shifts, a fixed break time can be specified within the shift or an actual break time can be set. For example, the following table shows a fixed break time between the shift.
|Shift Details||Start Time||Break Out||Break In||End Time|
Note 2: For more information on configuring break types in normal or break shifts, see Adding Workhour Policies.
- Enter the name of the shift in Name.
Note : When you enter the shift name, use only lower or uppercase letter combinations. You can also use number combinations with letters—for example, Day Shift 1. Spaces are allowed between characters. Special characters are not allowed in policy name, for example, @,&,_ are not allowed between letters or numbers.
- Select the checkbox Is Auto-Shift? if you are configuring auto-shift assignment. In auto- shift, the employee is assigned to the shift which is nearest to the first punch of the employee.
- Select the Employee Group for which this new shift is applicable.
- Set the Shift Timing. Here, you need to specify the shift duration with start time and end time. Set the Start Time and End Time in hh:mm format.
- Set the Shift Cut-Off Timings. The shift cut offs are basically time limits within which a punch is valid. Set the Shift In and Shift Out in hh:mm format.
Note: The total cut-off time (in hours) cannot be greater than 24 hours.
- Set the Shift Grace Time. Set the Shift In and Shift Out in hh:mm format.
Note 1: Every employee cannot be present at exact right time of the shift or log out at the exact shift out time. Hence usually organizations allow some grace time to the beginning and end of the shift, which is usually set in minutes. Grace Time determines whether the metrics Late Login In and Early Log Out is calculated and displayed in the reports.
Late Login In is the time when an employee comes to work after the start of the shift. This metrics gets calculated and displayed in the reports only if an employee starts the shift after a time equal to Shift In plus Grace In Time.
Early Log Out is the time when an employee leaves before the end of shift. This metrics gets calculated and displayed in the reports only if an employee ends the shift before a time equal to Shift Out minus Grace Out Time.
- Set the Weekly Offs. The weekly offs are the days that you want to declare as weekly holidays for the employees in this shift.
- Select the weekday which you want to configure as the weekly off day from the first drop down. For example, Saturday.
- Select the weekday which you want to configure as the weekly off day from the second drop down. For example, Sunday.
- You can choose the different options like All week, First Week, Second Week etc.
Example 1: Suppose you have chosen All Week, the selected day is configured as a weekly off day for all weeks in the year, for all employees in this shift. The settings are shown in the following figure:
Example 2: Suppose you want to have the Saturdays in second and fourth week as weekly offs . Also you want Sunday as another weekly off day for all weeks. Then, you can configure the following settings in SecurTime:
- Configure the Partial Day Shift Timings. The partial days are the half days Or part (number of hours) of the workday that you want to consider as a partial workday.
- Select the weekday which you want to configure as a partial shift day from the drop down.
- Select any day from Sunday till Saturday .
- You can choose the different options like All Week, First Week, Second Week etc. For example, suppose you have chosen All Week, the selected day is configured as a partial shift day for all weeks in the year.
- Set the Shift In and Shift Out in hh:mm format. The Shift In and Shift Out are the shift start and shift end timings for partial days.
- Click Save to save the shift configuration. The new shift is displayed in the Shifts main page.
Note: You can view and edit your shift configuration in SecurTime.
- Viewing and Editing Shift Configuration
- Downloading Shifts Configuration Information
- Adding Workhour Policies