Before creating holiday(s) for an organization, make sure that you have completed the following tasks in SecurTime:
Creating Holidays for an Affiliate
To create and add holidays to an affiliate of an organization
- Select Organization >Holidays from SecurTime side menu. The Holidays main page is displayed.
- Click on +New Holiday to add a new holiday type to an affiliate. The Create Holiday page is displayed.
- Select the affiliate where you want to add the holiday type from Select Affiliate.
- Select the date for which you want to create the holiday in Date.
- Enter the name of the holiday in Name.
Note : Holiday dates with different names are allowed; but duplicate holiday names are not allowed.
- Select the appropriate holiday type from Select Holiday Type. There are two pre-configured holiday types:
- Festival—Select this option if the holiday that you are adding is a festival, for example, Spring Festival.
- National—Select this option if the holiday that you are adding is a national holiday, for example, Republic Day.
Festival holidays can be configured as mandatory and optional holidays.
If the Festival type is selected, a checkbox is displayed where you can specify that it is an optional holiday.
The employees can avail the optional holidays at their discretion (this feature is yet to be developed).
- Select the employee group for which the holiday that you are creating is applicable, from Select Employee Group.
- Click Save to save the holiday configuration. The newly added holiday is displayed in the Holidays main page.