Special requests are a groups of transaction applications that the employee can apply through SecurTime. These include On Duty, Field Work, and Loss of Pay applications.
On-Duty (OD) Application
The employee can apply the On Duty or OD application in a scenario where his/her official duty was outside the office. For example, suppose the employee attends an official training in a different place and spends considerable amount of work hours (say one whole day or half day) for this task, then the OD option can be used to apply for the day’s attendance.
Field Work Application
Field work is another type of on-duty application. For example, suppose the employee goes out of the office premises to meet a client and spends considerable amount of work hours (say a whole day or half day or a number of days) for this task, then the Field Work option can be used to apply for the day’s attendance.
Loss of Pay Application
These applications can be applied when the employee has not worked during the regular work days and has been absent due to any reason. The employee can specify the date range for which he/she did not work and apply for loss of pay for those specific days.
Applying Special Requests
A user with any of the default roles (employee, admin, manager, or HR) can apply special requests.
To apply any of these special request applications in SecurTime
- Select Transactions > Special Requests from SecurTime side menu.
The Special Requests main page is displayed.
- Select Apply to apply a new special request application. The following application page is displayed.
- Select the On Behalf Of checkbox if the employee is applying any of the special requests (On Duty, Field Work, or Loss of Pay). The Select Employee drop down is displayed. Select the employee name if you are applying any of the special requests on behalf that employee.
- Select the type of special request (On Duty, Field Work, or Loss of Pay) from Select Type drop down. This is a mandatory field.
- Select the start date for the special request application from Start Date. This is a mandatory field.
- Select the end date for the special request application from End Date.This is a mandatory field.
- Enter the reason for the special request application in Reason.
- Optionally, you can specify whether you are applying the special request for Full Day, Fore Noon, or After Noon in the section Include Half Day?
- Select Submit to submit the special request. A message is displayed that the application is submitted successfully. A sample success message for an OD Application is shown in the following figure.
The special request application is displayed in the My Applications section of the Special Requests main page.
Note : Once the special request application is submitted, SecurTime sends email notifications to the employee and all levels of approvers.
- Withdrawing the Special Request Application
- Logs of Action
- Role-specific Tasks/Options