The Transactions functionality provides many options for employees to submit different attendance and time management applications (for example, leave application), and the approvers to approve these applications, as and when required.
The different transaction applications include:
In addition to application/approvals for different types of leaves, SecurTime also provides application/approval options for transactions such as on-duty or field work, loss of pay, compensatory off or comp-off, and overtime applications. There is also an additional option for submitting and approving manual punches, in case the biometric punch fails or is missed due to any reason.
The reportees (or the employees who report to another person in the organization hierarchy) can submit the applications for the aforementioned transactions through the Transactions menu. Next, the user configured as the approver (usually the Manager) approves the application. The approver is a user with any of the three roles—Admin, HR, or Manager.
Depending on the user role, the Transactions menu pages display additional functionalities as described in the following list:
For all user roles:
- Options to view submitted applications and edit or withdraw these applications.
- Option to apply half day applications, or specify forenoon or afternoon half days for the start and end dates of the applications.
- Log details of each application status, applicant action, specific dates, duration, and reason.
- Search feature that helps to search applications based on criteria such as application status—submitted, approved, cancelled, etc.
For admin/ HR/manager user roles only:
- Option to submit applications on behalf of another employee.
- Option to decline an application if it is not found suitable, or is incorrect.
- Separate tabs that display applications based on the applicant such as applications of reportees, self-applications, and all available applications.
- For more information about raising workflows for transaction applications with multiple levels of approvers, see Configuring a New Workflow.